It’s a weekend filled with festivals in Orange County! The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back for it’s 60th year in OC! Plus you can attend the Patchwork Show arts & crafts festival in Santa Ana, or the Scottish Festival in Costa Mesa. We’ve also gathered 24 Memorial Day Services that you can attend on Monday.
Scroll down for Memorial Day services.
Here’s what’s happening for Memorial Day weekend in Orange County:
- The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is all weekend (starting Friday afternoon) at the Village Green in Garden Grove. Parade, food, games, music & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1FpmRJF
- Sunset Serenades continues at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, Friday nights in May from 6:30pm to sunset. Take a picnic & listen to live music in the Rockpile Amphitheater. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2KxNnc9
- The Patchwork Show arts & craft show is Sunday 5/27 from 11am-5pm in Downtown Santa Ana. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1Fy7akI
- The Scottish Festival is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Highland games, Whiskey tasting, sheep herding, food, shopping & more! Admission required (free admission for active and retired military, police, firefighters and first responders.). http://ocevent.co/1PxThtt
- The Santa Ana Memorial Day Festival is all weekend (starting Friday night) at Madison Park (Edinger & Standard). Rides, games, food & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1TVn6Rk
- FREE Pet Adoptions all weekend for active military and veterans at OC Animal Care in Orange. http://bit.ly/2s42pP6
- The 20th Annual Memorial Day Half Marathon is Monday 5/28 in Laguna Hills. Half Marathon, 5k, 10k and Kid’s run. Registration is open online: http://bit.ly/2qUey9d
Memorial Day Services, listed by city:
- View 1100 full size American Flags, each having draped the casket of a deceased Veteran, flying along the “Avenues of Flags”. 59th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Memory Garden in Brea. http://bit.ly/2qgX4Fo
- Memorial Day Service and Pancake Breakfast, Monday 5/28 at George Bellis Park. Breakfast is at 8am the and remembrance service is at 10am, followed by a picnic in the park. http://bit.ly/2GNdj07
Corona del Mar:
- 60th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-1pm at Pacific View Memorial Park. Complimentary refreshments and hot dogs will be served following the service. http://bit.ly/2IGSARm
- 64th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at Harbor Lawn-Mt. Olive Memorial Park. Special guest speaker, flyover & more.
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 10am-11am at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Keynote speaker, rifle salute, patriotic music, and more. http://bit.ly/2GMRrlF
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, 8:30am-12pm at the Fountain Valley Veterans Memorial. Pancake breakfast starts at 8:30am, service starts at 10am. http://bit.ly/2KQva8N
- 80th Annual Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 10am in Loma Vista Memorial Park. Over 4000 flags and crosses will be placed on graves. http://bit.ly/2qhjDJP
- 98th Annual Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-2pm at Rose Hills Memorial Park. Military vehicle displays, vintage plane flyover & more. http://bit.ly/2LrRmXW
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 9am at the City’s Eternal Flame located in front of the Civic Center. http://bit.ly/2r1u6qd
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/29 at 11am at Heisler Park.
- Patriotic Concert by the Laguna Beach Concert Band, Monday 5/28, at 11am at Main Beach. http://bit.ly/2rVOWao
- Memorial Day Observance Program, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at El Toro Memorial Park. http://bit.ly/2s0rWGC
- Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at the Community Center. Special guest speakers, live music & more. http://bit.ly/2IITYTR
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at Eisenhower Park presented by the Lions Club.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Naval Weapons Station. http://bit.ly/2s4653k
- 46th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12:30pm at Westminster Memorial Park. Live music, white dove release, and complimentary refreshments and hot dogs. http://bit.ly/2IMb7rB
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Nixon Museum, followed by a lecture at 1pm and concert at 3:30pm. http://bit.ly/2qldGYc
It’s the first weekend in April so that means Surfin’ Sundays return to the Huntington Beach pier, and you’ll also find hundreds of Corgi dogs in HB at Spring Corgi Beach Day on Saturday. You can attend over 40 different improv performances at the OC Improv Fest, take the family to “Adventure Day” at Caspers Wilderness Park, or hit up the Santa Ana Art Walk…all this and more, this weekend in Orange County!
- Spring Corgi Beach Day is Saturday 4/7 from 10am-3pm at Huntington Dog Beach. Watch as corgi dogs participate in costume contests, talent contests & more! FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2ElBaTu
- Caspers Wilderness Park in San Juan Capistrano is having an “Adventure Day” Saturday 4/7 from 10am-3pm. Storytelling, guided hikes, games, exhibits, and more. Free to attend. http://bit.ly/2GEjiVQ
- OC Improv Fest runs through 4/7 at STAGEStheatre in Fullerton. Over 40 performances. Tickets available at the door. http://bit.ly/2pJff5q
- Attend a Luau at Soka University in Aliso Viejo. Ka Pilina Ho’olokahi 9th Annual Luau is Saturday 4/7 from 5-7:30pm. Buffet, live performances and more. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2H28mon
- CoastCon returns to OCC in Costa Mesa for another year of anime, manga, and Japanese culture. Attend panels, workshops, do some shopping and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2GV9nP9
- The Downtown Santa Ana Art Walk is Saturday 4/7 from 6pm-10pm. Food, shopping, performances & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2JnYDHx
- Surfin’ Sundays are back at the Huntington Beach Pier, Sunday 4/8 from 12pm-6pm. Enjoy a relaxing day of surf music. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2JmmerT
- It’s the last weekend of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival (runs through 4/12). Celebrity chefs, culinary demos, seminars, special food items & more. Park admission required. http://ocevent.co/1ROHxhh
- It’s the last weekend of the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival in Buena Park. Enjoy over 75 boysenberry inspired dishes, drinks, and more. Park admission required. http://bit.ly/2Gnqy8g
- Visit one of the many weekend Farmers Markets in OC http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
Outside of OC but worth the drive…
- Renaissance Pleasure Faire starts this weekend in Irwindale and runs through 5/20. Live performances, jousting, shopping, food, and more. Admission required. http://bit.ly/2uPUtoh
It’s a busy holiday weekend in Orange County with 15 spring events and egg hunts on Saturday, as well as a full moon drum circle, 2 foodie festivals, and more.
- Buena Park “Spring Eggstravaganza” is Saturday 3/31 at 9am at Henry Boisseranc Park. Candy scramble, live entertainment, crafts, games, petting zoo and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2p6pRe5m
- Costa Mesa “Egg-Citement” is Saturday 3/31 from 9am-12pm in Tanager Park. Pony rides, petting zoo, egg hunt, Easter Bunny, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2J5UN5p
- Cypress “Spring Egg Hunt” is Saturday 3/31 at 10:30am at Oak Knoll Park. Egg hunts, crafts, face painting, Easter Bunny, free hotdogs & drinks, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2uwmdOz
- Dana Point “Egg Hunts” are Saturday 3/31 at Pines Park and at Sea Canyon Park. Events begin at 8am and egg hunts begin at 10am. Other activities include a pancake breakfast, magic show, games, puppet show, Easter Bunny & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2pOF7vh
- Fountain Valley “Easter Egg Hunt” is Saturday 3/31 from 8:30am-11:30am at the Fountain Valley Sports Park. Carnival games, bounce houses, egg hunts & more. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1G7q6qG
- Huntington Beach “Easter Hunt and Family Fun Day” is Saturday 3/31 from 9am-2pm at Central Park. Thousands of pounds of candy, Easter Bunny, live music and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2p6y9CY
- La Habra “Spring Family Eggstravaganza” is Saturday 3/31 from 8am-12pm at La Bonita Park. Helicopter egg drop, egg hunts (for kids and adults), vendors and more. $2 to participate in the egg hunt. http://bit.ly/2pQ7SYR
- La Habra “Egg Night” glow in the dark egg hunt is Friday 3/30 from 7pm-8pm at La Bonita Park. Call ahead to register. $10 per child. http://bit.ly/2GXmexW
- Los Alamitos “Spring Carnival” is Saturday 3/31 from 9am-11:30am at Little Cottonwood Park. Egg hunt, carnival games, food, Peter Rabbit and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2p8Nz6D
- Mission Viejo “Bunny Days” is Saturday 3/31 from 10am-1pm at the Norman P. Murray Community Center. Carnival games, crafts, egg hunts, inflatable obstacle course and more. Activities cost a nominal fee. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2Gnnwko
- San Clemente “Springtacular” is Saturday 3/31 starting at 9am. Egg hunts, games, food, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2pUztr4
- San Juan Capistrano “Spring Eggstravaganza” is Saturday 3/31 from 10am-1pm at Los Rios Park. Egg hunts, face painting, games, crafts and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2GnKgAX
- Seal Beach “Easter Egg Hunt” is Saturday 3/31 at 10am in Eisenhower Park. Egg hunt and photos with the Easter Bunny. FREE to attend.
- Tustin “Easter Egg Hunt” is Saturday 3/31 starting at 7:30am with a pancake breakfast at the Tustin Sports Park. Puppet show, animal show, pony rides, games, candy, Easter Bunny and more. FREE to attend (there is a fee for the pancake breakfast). http://bit.ly/2Ifcz4W
- Yorba Linda “Egg-citement Hunt” is Saturday 3/31 at 10am at Hurless Barton Park. Egg hunt, games, face painting, petting zoo & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2GpaTVZ
- Visit one of the many weekend Farmers Markets in OC (some will not be happening on Easter so double check before you go) http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
- Attend a Full Moon Drum Circle Saturday 3/31 at Aliso Creek Beach in Laguna Beach from approximately 7pm-10pm. Dance by firelight or bring a drum and participate. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2E69lya
- 80’s on the Bay is Friday 3/30 from 7pm-10pm at Newport Dunes. Richard Blade will be the DJ for the evening. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2uvF7VZ
- The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival continues this weekend and runs through 4/12 in Anaheim. Celebrity chefs, culinary demos, seminars, special food items & more. Park admission required. http://ocevent.co/1ROHxhh
- Knott’s Boysenberry Festival continues this weekend and runs through 4/8 in Buena Park. Enjoy over 75 boysenberry inspired dishes, drinks, and more. Park admission required. http://bit.ly/2Gnqy8g