There’s a lot of fun things to do this weekend in Orange County. Everything from Cinco de Mayo celebrations, Rancho Days Fiesta in Lake Forest, an International Festival in Aliso Viejo, a Citrus Fair in La Habra, Taste of Orange, Free Comic Book Day, Old Towne Tustin Home and Garden Tour, and more!
- Rancho Days Fiesta is Saturday 5/4 from 11am-3pm at Heritage Hill Historical Park in Lake Forest. Explore the rich history of Orange County’s Ranchos and Native American tribes. Take part in butter churning, candle dipping, piñata breaking & more! Admission is $5. http://bit.ly/2wMalHx
- The 18th Annual International Festival is Saturday 5/4 at from 10:30am-5pm in Soka University in Aliso Viejo. Entertainment, food, shopping & more! FREE to attend. $10 parking on-site. http://ocevent.co/1T3Ah8j
- The Annual San Clemente Cinco de Mayo Fiesta is Saturday 5/4 from 2pm-6pm in Max Berg Plaza Park. Live entertainment, games, food trucks, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2VeAf4C
- The 23rd Annual Old Towne Tustin Home and Garden Tour is Saturday 5/4. Live music, vintage homes and gardens tour, quilt show & more. Tickets required. http://ocevent.co/1WbS8uz
- Anaheim Cinco is all weekend La Palma Park in Anaheim. Carnival rides, games, entertainment, performances, food & more! FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2UYMdKv
- Love ‘Em and Leash ‘Em Dog Day is Saturday 5/4 from 9am-3pm at Carbon Canyon Park in Brea. Events include a Pokey Pooch Hike, Moderate Mutt Hike, Hearty Hound Hike, dog costume contest, dog kissing contest, and more. There will also be rescue dogs available for adoption, vendors, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2Y7l5uR
- Fiesta De Mayo Celebration is Saturday 5/4 from 1pm-3pm in the Oak Tree Court of the Outlets at San Clemente. Mariachis, actives for kids, and more. FREE. http://bit.ly/2skYGPE
- La Habra Citrus Fair starts Friday night and runs all weekend on La Habra Blvd. Live music, food, games, carnival rides & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2qKcfT9
- Mermaids Day 2019 is Sunday 5/5 at Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure. Join fellow mermaid enthusiasts, merpeople, and sirens, for a themed day that takes you under the sea. Park admission required. http://bit.ly/2UxVvSo
- The OC Running Festival, which includes the OC Marathon, and OC Lifestyle and Fitness Expo is this weekend at the OC Fairgrounds. http://bit.ly/2ZTUFhY
- The Downtown Santa Ana Art Walk is Saturday 5/4 from 6pm-10pm. Food, shopping, performances & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2sYdu4d
- Free Comic Book Day is Saturday 5/4. Comic book stores all over Orange County are participating including locations in Tustin, Orange, Irvine, Lake Forest, Laguna Hills, and Westminster. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2qFQLrx
- The Taste of Orange is Sunday 5/5 from 3-7pm in Old Towne Orange. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2VKTu57
- The AVP (Association of Volleyball Professionals) Huntington Beach Open is all weekend. Watch world class athletes compete in beach volleyball. South side of the pier. FREE to attend, however VIP premium seating is available for purchase. http://bit.ly/2pbnYsJ
- Visit one of the many weekend Farmers Markets in OC (some will not be happening on Easter so double check before you go) http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
Outside of OC but worth the drive…
- Renaissance Pleasure Faire starts this weekend in Irwindale and runs through 5/19. Live performances, jousting, shopping, food, and more. Admission required. http://bit.ly/2uPUtoh Ticket discount: http://bit.ly/2Vp8DFJ
The Year of the Pig is upon us! With a strong and vibrant Asian population all throughout Orange County, there are many ways to celebrate! Here are some of the most popular Lunar New Year events happening this weekend in Orange County!
- The largest Vietnamese Lunar New Year celebration is held right here in Orange County! Celebrate the Lunar New Year at the Tet Festival, 2/8-2/10, at the OC Fairgrounds. Entertainment, cultural displays, games, fireworks & more! Regular admission is $6, children 2 and under are free with paid adult, and parking is $9. Guests can also park at Sid Goldstein Freedom Park and take the free shuttle to the event. https://tetfestival.org/
- OC Parks is celebrating the Lunar New Year with a Tet Festival held in Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley 2/8-2/10. The event will feature live music and entertainment, a traditional Lion Dance, firecrackers, and more. FREE to attend, free parking and free shuttles are available. http://www.ocparks.com/parks/mile/events
- The Little Saigon Tet Parade is the largest and most watched event of its kind in the U.S. This years even is on Saturday 2/9 from 9am-1pm in Westminster. The parade is free to attend, but a limited amount of seats located near the main stage are available for purchase. http://tetparade.org/
- The District at Tustin will celebrate their first ever Lunar New Year event with traditional and family-friendly festivities to ring in the Year of the Pig beginning at 3pm Sunday, 2/10. The first 500 guests will receive a lucky red envelope containing a crisp $1 bill and other highlights will include lively lion dance performances at 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., along with fan dancers and plenty of kid-friendly activities. https://thedistricttl.com/events/district-celebrate-lunar-new-year-at-the-district
- South Coast Plaza is celebrating the the Year of the Pig with a variety of free weekend entertainment featuring traditional Asian cultural performances including Lion Dance, UniStar Children’s Variety Show, the Silk Road Band and more. Children’s activities and unique exhibits and exclusive items are also available throughout the weekend. http://www.southcoastplaza.com/lunar-new-year/
- The Outlets at San Clemente is celebrating Lunar New Year with a special lucky envelope giveaway. Visit Customer Service between now and Friday, 2/8 to pick up your free Lucky Red Envelope for the chance to win special offers and prizes from your favorite brands. https://www.outletsatsanclemente.com/lunar/
- The 119th annual Golden Dragon Parade is in downtown LA on Saturday, 2/8 at 1pm, and Orange County residents can get a FREE ride from OCTA! The first 100 people in line at the Irvine Metrolink Station at 8am will receive round trip train tickets to Downtown Los Angeles! Everyone else can buy tickets for just $10. There will also be refreshments and a lion dance prior to the train departing. https://www.metrolinktrains.com/lunarnewyear/
- The Source OC in Buena Park is celebrating Lunar New Year next weekend in the main plaza on Saturday 2/16 from 12pm-6pm. Live performances, lion dancing, facepainting and more special events throughout the day. Tickets are free, but guests are strongly encouraged to register on Eventbrite prior to attending. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lunar-new-year-celebration-tickets-55437774877
It’s a weekend filled with festivals in Orange County! The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back for it’s 60th year in OC! Plus you can attend the Patchwork Show arts & crafts festival in Santa Ana, or the Scottish Festival in Costa Mesa. We’ve also gathered 24 Memorial Day Services that you can attend on Monday.
Scroll down for Memorial Day services.
Here’s what’s happening for Memorial Day weekend in Orange County:
- The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is all weekend (starting Friday afternoon) at the Village Green in Garden Grove. Parade, food, games, music & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1FpmRJF
- Sunset Serenades continues at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, Friday nights in May from 6:30pm to sunset. Take a picnic & listen to live music in the Rockpile Amphitheater. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2KxNnc9
- The Patchwork Show arts & craft show is Sunday 5/27 from 11am-5pm in Downtown Santa Ana. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1Fy7akI
- The Scottish Festival is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Highland games, Whiskey tasting, sheep herding, food, shopping & more! Admission required (free admission for active and retired military, police, firefighters and first responders.). http://ocevent.co/1PxThtt
- The Santa Ana Memorial Day Festival is all weekend (starting Friday night) at Madison Park (Edinger & Standard). Rides, games, food & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1TVn6Rk
- FREE Pet Adoptions all weekend for active military and veterans at OC Animal Care in Orange. http://bit.ly/2s42pP6
- The 20th Annual Memorial Day Half Marathon is Monday 5/28 in Laguna Hills. Half Marathon, 5k, 10k and Kid’s run. Registration is open online: http://bit.ly/2qUey9d
Memorial Day Services, listed by city:
- View 1100 full size American Flags, each having draped the casket of a deceased Veteran, flying along the “Avenues of Flags”. 59th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Memory Garden in Brea. http://bit.ly/2qgX4Fo
- Memorial Day Service and Pancake Breakfast, Monday 5/28 at George Bellis Park. Breakfast is at 8am the and remembrance service is at 10am, followed by a picnic in the park. http://bit.ly/2GNdj07
Corona del Mar:
- 60th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-1pm at Pacific View Memorial Park. Complimentary refreshments and hot dogs will be served following the service. http://bit.ly/2IGSARm
- 64th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at Harbor Lawn-Mt. Olive Memorial Park. Special guest speaker, flyover & more.
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 10am-11am at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Keynote speaker, rifle salute, patriotic music, and more. http://bit.ly/2GMRrlF
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, 8:30am-12pm at the Fountain Valley Veterans Memorial. Pancake breakfast starts at 8:30am, service starts at 10am. http://bit.ly/2KQva8N
- 80th Annual Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 10am in Loma Vista Memorial Park. Over 4000 flags and crosses will be placed on graves. http://bit.ly/2qhjDJP
- 98th Annual Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-2pm at Rose Hills Memorial Park. Military vehicle displays, vintage plane flyover & more. http://bit.ly/2LrRmXW
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 9am at the City’s Eternal Flame located in front of the Civic Center. http://bit.ly/2r1u6qd
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/29 at 11am at Heisler Park.
- Patriotic Concert by the Laguna Beach Concert Band, Monday 5/28, at 11am at Main Beach. http://bit.ly/2rVOWao
- Memorial Day Observance Program, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at El Toro Memorial Park. http://bit.ly/2s0rWGC
- Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at the Community Center. Special guest speakers, live music & more. http://bit.ly/2IITYTR
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at Eisenhower Park presented by the Lions Club.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Naval Weapons Station. http://bit.ly/2s4653k
- 46th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12:30pm at Westminster Memorial Park. Live music, white dove release, and complimentary refreshments and hot dogs. http://bit.ly/2IMb7rB
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Nixon Museum, followed by a lecture at 1pm and concert at 3:30pm. http://bit.ly/2qldGYc