There’s no shortage of fun things to do this weekend in Orange County. Watch dogs surf at the Surf City Surf Dog Competition, check out a sandcastle building competition, attend a Chili Cook-Off, Greek Festival, or a Fall Festival, enjoy music on the sand at Ohaha Fest, and more!
- The last “Sunset Serenades” concert of the season is at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach Friday 9/29. Enjoy live music from 5:30pm to sunset in the Rockpile Amphitheater (by the whale sculpture). FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2grF72Q
- The 10th Annual Surf City Surf Dog Competition is Saturday 9/29 at Huntington Dog Beach. Watch dogs from around the world compete in a surf completion. Surfing starts at 8am. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2wjECxj
- The San Juan Capistrano Greek Festival is all weekend at the SJC Community Center. Greek food, pastries, live music, dancing, greek market, kids zone & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1MJ055K
- The 7th Annual Taste of Lake Forest is Saturday 9/29 from 12-3pm. Tastings from 20 restaurants, live entertainment & more. FREE to attend. Tasting ticket is $1, buy as many tastes as you would like. http://bit.ly/2N75buN
- The Ohana Music Festival is all weekend at Doheny State Beach in Dana Point. Enjoy performances by Eddie Vedder, Eric Church, Mumford and Sons, Norah Jones, Beck, and more. Tickets required. http://ocevent.co/1RYOQGo
- Boo-uena Park Old Tyme Fall Festival is Saturday 9/29 from 12pm-5pm. Spooky storytelling, ghostly tours, halloween-themed vendors & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2OgDYdu
- The 41st Annual Ultimate Home and Outdoor Living Expo is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds. Products, demonstrations & more. Admission required. http://bit.ly/2wJrL5W
- The 15th Annual Orange County Children’s Book Festival is Sunday 9/30 from 9:30am-4:00pm at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa. Over 125 authors, storytellers, live entertainment & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2cA55gc
- The 22nd Annual Laguna Beach Pet Parade and Chili Cook-off is Sunday 9/30 from 11:30am-3pm at Seven7Seven (Art-A-Fair grounds) in Laguna Beach. Admission is $10. http://bit.ly/2yeiH8D
- The Huntington Beach Old World Oktoberfest Parade is Sunday 9/30. Parade begins at 2pm and is the kick-off to Oktoberfest. http://ocevent.co/1YBOfhn
It’s starting to feel like summer in Orange County as we welcome back “movies in the park” and “concerts in the park”, as well as some fun summer events, including two vintage markets, an art festival in Dana Point, wooden boat parade in Newport Harbor, and more.
- Incredible Dog Challenge and Surf Dog Competition is Friday and Saturday at Huntington State Beach in Huntington Beach. Activities start at 9am on Friday and again at 11am on Saturday. FREE to attend. State Beach parking fees apply. http://bit.ly/2LySEQr
- Concert in the Park: The Smokin’ Cobras, Friday 6/8 at Crown Valley Park Amphitheatre in Laguna Niguel from 7-9pm. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1VAC2JQ
- Movie in the Park: “Beauty and the Beast”, Friday 6/8 at Lantern Bay Park in Dana Point at 8pm. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2sfGPqd
- Movie in the Park: “Age of Ultron”, Friday 6/8 at Washington Middle School in La Habra. Activities begin at 6pm, movie starts at dusk. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2seNfWz
- Sunset Serenades continues at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, Friday 6/8 from 6:30pm to sunset. Take a picnic & listen to live music in the Rockpile Amphitheater. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2KxNnc9
- Flying Miz Daisy Vintage Market is this weekend 6/9-6/10 inside the Hangar at the OC Fair and Events Center in Costa Mesa. There will be over 60 curated vintage vendors, a food truck and more. Admission and parking required. http://bit.ly/2Lq3zM5
- Rancho Fest starts is all weekend at Central Park in Rancho Santa Margarita. Live music, kids fun zone, food, shopping & more. http://bit.ly/2sQnwUJ
- The Golden Years Vintage Market is Saturday 6/9 from 11am-5pm on 2nd Street Promenade in Downtown Santa Ana. Vintage clothing, vinyl records & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2sVxP8t
- Concert in the Park: Hit Me 90s, Saturday 6/9 at the Civic Center Green in Cypress at 6pm. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2sDr11o
- The Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival is all weekend in Corona Del Mar. On Sunday you can watch a wooden boat parade around Newport Harbor at 11am. http://bit.ly/2LtVp5o
- Bluegrass & BBQ is Sunday 6/10 from 4-7pm at the Laguna College of Art & Design in Laguna Canyon. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2kWmmmM
- Dana Point Art Fest is Sunday 6/10 from 10am-5pm in the Lantern District. 80+ local artists, live music, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2HuvWX4
Check out our ultimate guide to “Movies in the Park”. Over 80 movies all across OC all summer long. All are FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2H5uKck
Visit one of the many weekend Farmers Markets in OC: http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
It’s a weekend filled with festivals in Orange County! The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is back for it’s 60th year in OC! Plus you can attend the Patchwork Show arts & crafts festival in Santa Ana, or the Scottish Festival in Costa Mesa. We’ve also gathered 24 Memorial Day Services that you can attend on Monday.
Scroll down for Memorial Day services.
Here’s what’s happening for Memorial Day weekend in Orange County:
- The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is all weekend (starting Friday afternoon) at the Village Green in Garden Grove. Parade, food, games, music & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1FpmRJF
- Sunset Serenades continues at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, Friday nights in May from 6:30pm to sunset. Take a picnic & listen to live music in the Rockpile Amphitheater. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2KxNnc9
- The Patchwork Show arts & craft show is Sunday 5/27 from 11am-5pm in Downtown Santa Ana. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1Fy7akI
- The Scottish Festival is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Highland games, Whiskey tasting, sheep herding, food, shopping & more! Admission required (free admission for active and retired military, police, firefighters and first responders.). http://ocevent.co/1PxThtt
- The Santa Ana Memorial Day Festival is all weekend (starting Friday night) at Madison Park (Edinger & Standard). Rides, games, food & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1TVn6Rk
- FREE Pet Adoptions all weekend for active military and veterans at OC Animal Care in Orange. http://bit.ly/2s42pP6
- The 20th Annual Memorial Day Half Marathon is Monday 5/28 in Laguna Hills. Half Marathon, 5k, 10k and Kid’s run. Registration is open online: http://bit.ly/2qUey9d
Memorial Day Services, listed by city:
- View 1100 full size American Flags, each having draped the casket of a deceased Veteran, flying along the “Avenues of Flags”. 59th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Memory Garden in Brea. http://bit.ly/2qgX4Fo
- Memorial Day Service and Pancake Breakfast, Monday 5/28 at George Bellis Park. Breakfast is at 8am the and remembrance service is at 10am, followed by a picnic in the park. http://bit.ly/2GNdj07
Corona del Mar:
- 60th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-1pm at Pacific View Memorial Park. Complimentary refreshments and hot dogs will be served following the service. http://bit.ly/2IGSARm
- 64th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at Harbor Lawn-Mt. Olive Memorial Park. Special guest speaker, flyover & more.
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 10am-11am at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Keynote speaker, rifle salute, patriotic music, and more. http://bit.ly/2GMRrlF
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, 8:30am-12pm at the Fountain Valley Veterans Memorial. Pancake breakfast starts at 8:30am, service starts at 10am. http://bit.ly/2KQva8N
- 80th Annual Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 10am in Loma Vista Memorial Park. Over 4000 flags and crosses will be placed on graves. http://bit.ly/2qhjDJP
- 98th Annual Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-2pm at Rose Hills Memorial Park. Military vehicle displays, vintage plane flyover & more. http://bit.ly/2LrRmXW
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/28 at 9am at the City’s Eternal Flame located in front of the Civic Center. http://bit.ly/2r1u6qd
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/29 at 11am at Heisler Park.
- Patriotic Concert by the Laguna Beach Concert Band, Monday 5/28, at 11am at Main Beach. http://bit.ly/2rVOWao
- Memorial Day Observance Program, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at El Toro Memorial Park. http://bit.ly/2s0rWGC
- Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12pm at the Community Center. Special guest speakers, live music & more. http://bit.ly/2IITYTR
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28 at 11am at Eisenhower Park presented by the Lions Club.
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Naval Weapons Station. http://bit.ly/2s4653k
- 46th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/28, from 11am-12:30pm at Westminster Memorial Park. Live music, white dove release, and complimentary refreshments and hot dogs. http://bit.ly/2IMb7rB
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/28 at 11am at the Nixon Museum, followed by a lecture at 1pm and concert at 3:30pm. http://bit.ly/2qldGYc