This weekend in Orange County there are two vintage markets, a concert in the park, Rancho Fest in RSM, a wooden boat parade in Newport Harbor, a zany world record attempt happening in Huntington Beach, and more!
- Flying Miz Daisy Vintage Market is this weekend inside the Hangar at the OC Fair and Events Center in Costa Mesa. There will be over 60 curated vintage vendors, a food truck and more. Admission and parking required. http://bit.ly/2Lq3zM5
- Rancho Fest starts is all weekend at Central Park in Rancho Santa Margarita. Live music, kids fun zone, food, shopping & more. http://bit.ly/2I225bW
- The Golden Years Vintage Market is Saturday 6/8 from 11am-5pm on 2nd Street Promenade in Downtown Santa Ana. Vintage clothing, vinyl records & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2sVxP8t
- Concert in the Park: Creedence vs. Santana Saturday 6/8 at the Civic Center Green in Cypress at 6pm. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2MyCITn
- The Newport Beach Wooden Boat Festival is all weekend in Corona Del Mar. On Sunday you can watch a wooden boat parade around Newport Harbor at 11am. http://bit.ly/2LtVp5o
- Bluegrass & BBQ is Saturday 6/8 from 4-7pm at the Laguna College of Art & Design in Laguna Canyon. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2kWmmmM
- A world record attempt for the “largest gathering of people dressed as a fruit or vegetable” is happening on Sunday 6/9 at Pier Plaza in Huntington Beach. Event takes place between 11am-1:30pm. More info: http://bit.ly/2MJRbfc
- The Hobie Surf Shop Vintage Surfboard Festival is Sunday 6/9 at La Plaza Park in Dana Point from 8am-3pm. View, buy, or trade surfboards. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2I1b3Gy
- Visit one of the many weekend Farmers Markets in OC: http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
- And save the date for TikiLand Trading Co., Orange County’s favorite tiki marketplace, on Saturday, June 15th from 10am-4pm at the Heritage Museum in Santa Ana, CA. Shop from over 60 tiki artists, makers, and vendors, enjoy live music, pineapple Dole Whips, as well as tiki drinks, and food by Cousins Maine Lobster. Visit http://tikilandtrading.com for event tickets, address, and more info. $6 in advance or $8 cash at the door.
Here’s what’s happening for Memorial Day weekend in Orange County, plus we’ve included a list of 20 Memorial Day services that you can attend on Monday.
- The Scottish Festival is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Highland games, Whiskey tasting, sheep herding, food, shopping & more! Admission required. http://ocevent.co/1PxThtt
- The Garden Grove Strawberry Festival is all weekend (starting Friday afternoon) at the Village Green in Garden Grove. Parade, food, games, music & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1FpmRJF
- The Santa Ana Memorial Day Festival is all weekend (starting Friday night) at Madison Park (Edinger & Standard). Rides, games, food & more! FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1TVn6Rk
- The Annual Newport Beach Wine Festival is all weekend at the Balboa Bay Resort. Events include Grand Tasting, brunch, & more. All events are ticketed. http://bit.ly/2HCjnfH
- FREE Pet Adoptions all weekend for active military and veterans at OC Animal Care in Orange. http://bit.ly/2YK51iY
- FREE Pet Adoptions all weekend for active military and veterans at the Irvine Animal Care Center. http://bit.ly/30Ln4Hc
- The Patchwork Show arts & craft show is Sunday 5/26 from 11am-5pm in Downtown Santa Ana. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1Fy7akI
- The 21st Annual Memorial Day Half Marathon is Monday 5/27 in Laguna Hills. Half Marathon, 5k, 10k and Kid’s run. Registration is open online: http://bit.ly/2qUey9d
Memorial Day Services:
- View 1100 full size American Flags, each having draped the casket of a deceased Veteran, flying along the “Avenues of Flags”. 58th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/27 at 11am at the Memory Garden in Brea. http://bit.ly/2Qq0cZd
- Memorial Day Service and Pancake Breakfast, Monday 5/27 at George Bellis Park. Breakfast is at 8am and the remembrance service is at 10am, followed by a picnic in the park. http://bit.ly/2K1JLkz
Corona del Mar:
- Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/27, from 11am-12:30pm at Pacific View Memorial Park.
- 65th Annual Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/27, from 11am-12pm at Harbor Lawn-Mt. Olive Memorial Park. Special guest speaker, flyover & more. http://bit.ly/2YLHVIO
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/27, from 10am-1pm at the Fountain Valley Veterans Memorial. http://bit.ly/2YPSpXH
- 81st Annual Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/27 at 10am in Loma Vista Memorial Park. http://bit.ly/2qhjDJP
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/27 at 9:15am at the City’s Eternal Flame located in front of the Civic Center. http://bit.ly/2r1u6qd
- Memorial Day Celebration, Monday 5/27 at 11am at Heisler Park.
- Patriotic Concert by the Laguna Beach Concert Band, Monday 5/27, at 12pm at Main Beach. http://bit.ly/2rVOWao
- Memorial Day Observance Program, Monday 5/27, from 11am-12pm at El Toro Memorial Park. http://bit.ly/2s0rWGC
- Memorial Day Ceremony, Monday 5/27, from 8:30am-10am at the Mission Viejo Civic Center. http://bit.ly/2r2naLj
- Memorial Day Observance, Monday 5/27, from 2pm-3pm at the Marine Monument Semper Fi Park. Special guest speakers, bagpipers, floral ceremony & more. http://bit.ly/2HzGXcM
- “One Small Step for Man” Memorial Day Service is Monday 5/27, from 10:30am-12pm at Fairhaven Memorial Park in Santa Ana. Aerial Flyover, guest speaker, live music, white dove release & more. http://bit.ly/2X4PxWr
- Memorial Day Program, Monday 5/27, from 10am-11:30am at Santa Ana Cemetery. http://bit.ly/2r1c0nY
- Memorial Day Service, Monday 5/27 at 11am at Eisenhower Park.
- FREE event admission to the Memorial Day Ceremony at Nixon Library, Monday 5/27 at 11am, followed by a concert at 12pm. http://bit.ly/2qldGYc
Saint Patrick’s Day is almost here! The luck of the Irish is strong in Orange County, and there are so many ways to celebrate that it’s hard to narrow it down. Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of 25 places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in OC. Grab a pint of Guinness, a traditional Irish meal or a sweet treat from any of these great places and don’t forget to wear green!
- Malarky’s Irish Pub in Newport Beach opens at 6am so you can start the day off with a great breakfast!
- O’Malley’s on Main in Seal Beach opens at 8am, so get there early for a special breakfast, authentic Irish fare, drinks and live music by The Lads!
- The Harp Inn’s St. Patrick’s Day celebration begins bright and early on Sunday at 9am. They’re serving a traditional Irish breakfast until 11am, a special lunch and dinner menu from 11am until 10pm, live music from Cillian’s Bridge, bagpipers, Irish dancers, St. Patrick’s Day swag and giveaways and green beer all day!
- Muldoon’s Irish Pub opens at 9am on St. Patrick’s Day to kick off their celebration! The “Early Irishman” breakfast menu will be served from 9am to 11am, followed by all of their famous Irish specialties for lunch and dinner in the dining room and fast fare in the Celtic Bar. Stay to enjoy live music all day and other St. Paddy’s Day fun!
- Wake up with an Irish Coffee at Dublin4 Gastropub in Mission Viejo: Cream, rich as an Irish brogue; Coffee, strong as a friendly hand; Sugar, sweet as the tongue of an Irish rogue and Whisky, smooth as the wit of the land.
- Grab some delicious clover-shaped cookies from Mixed Bakery in Corona Del Mar!
- Small Cakes OC has a variety of delicious cupcakes that are sure to get anyone in the mood for celebrating!
- Hopscotch Tavern in Downtown Fullerton serves craft beer and great whiskey. Join them on St. Paddy’s Day for specials all day long.
- Matador Cantina is putting their own special twist on a classic St. Patrick’s Day meal, offering guests Corned Beef Carnitas tacos as well as $8 Jameson shots and appetizer deals until 10pm on St. Paddy’s Day!
- Tackle Box has a St. Paddy’s Day Burger that you definitely want to find at the end of the rainbow! It features an Angus beef patty, corned beef, Jameson-glazed bacon, Guinness caramelized onions, Irish cheddar aioli, house mustard and edible gold leaf flakes. Available all day at their Costa Mesa location Friday through Sunday, or until sells out.
- Bourbon Street Bar & Grill in Downtown Fullerton is going full green and gold for a St. Paddy’s Day celebration! Head in for green beer, drink specials and more!
- Old Crow Smokehouse Orange is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with green beer, lots of shenanigans, and a special menu of Irish favorites including their Reuben sandwich stuffed with corned beef and cabbage and topped with melted cheese.
- Gallagher’s Pub in Huntington Beach will be having live music from the “Union Hobos” starting at 12pm. http://bit.ly/2TDP4wR
- Macallans Public House in Downtown Brea will be offering food and drink specials all day on March 17th. Eversons & Daughters, a family Irish band, will be performing live starting at 2:30 pm. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
- The Shamrock Bar & Grill in Newport Beach is a great place to listen to live music on St. Paddy’s Day and also boasts the best Guinness in town!
- Pretend City in Irvine is having a very family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day celebration that includes story time, art, fun activities and an Irish “heading home parade” at the end of the day. Museum admission is required, find more info here.
- The Auld Dubliner in Tustin is kicking off their huge annual St. Paddy’s Day party at 7am!
- Krispy Kreme’s original glazed donuts are going green for St. Patrick’s weekend. Stop in and get one or a dozen!
- Patsy’s Irish Pub in Laguna Niguel opens up at 10am for an all day celebration that includes live music, bagpipers, green beer, Irish food and a fun photo booth too!
- Silky Sullivan’s Restaurant and Irish Pub is celebrating with live entertainment from Rick Bagby and Echo Love Chamber, a special Irish menu, green beer and more. The party starts at 1pm.
- Cafe Cultura in Downtown Santa Ana is serving up Clover Conchas available now through 3/17.
- The Dirty Cookie is ready to help you celebrate St. Paddy’s Day with their Cookie Shots. Fill with your favorite beverage of choice and bottoms up!
- Doughnut District serves up delicious donuts and pastries as well as coffee, tea fruit smoothies and more. For St. Patrick’s Day they’re showing off their creativity with gorgeous St. Patrick’s Day Galaxy Donuts.
- Hapa Cupcakes is serving up cupcakes infused with Bailey’s Irish Cream. Available now through 3/17.
- House of Blues in Anaheim is having a craft beer and music festival on St. Patrick’s Day called “Lucky Brews, Lucky Grooves”. There will be 25 breweries, live music, food & more. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2TQZeJC