There are plenty of ways to celebrate the Lunar New Year this weekend in Orange County (with 6 different events). Other things to do include attending one of 30 different performances at the Newport Beach Jazz Fest, you can take the kids to the San Juan Capistrano Kids’ Pet Parade, attend a beach cleanup, and more!
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year at the Tet Festival in Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley, from 10am-10pm, 2/16-2/18. Live music, Lion Dance, firecrackers, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2GgSKcP
- Celebrate the Lunar New Year at the Tet Festival, 2/16-2/18, at the OC Fairgrounds. Entertainment, cultural displays, games, fireworks & more! Admission and parking fees apply. http://ocevent.co/1o4rJ2I
- The Little Saigon Tet Parade is Saturday 2/17 from 9am-12pm in Westminster. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2CnKxRH
- The 18th Annual Newport Beach Jazz Party is happening through 2/18. Event includes 30 Concerts, 2 Jazz brunches, and more. Tickets required. http://ocevent.co/1KJkkQG
- The San Juan Capistrano Kids’ Pet Parade is Saturday 2/17 at 12pm in Los Rios Park. Kids can show off their animals and participate in contests. Admission is $5. http://bit.ly/2BxrB6f
- South Coast Plaza is celebrating the the Year of the Dog all weekend with live entertainment, crafts, and exhibits. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2o8B9vT
- Attend a beach cleanup in Seal Beach Saturday 2/17 from 9am-12pm. Meet at the beach parking lot at the end of 1st Street. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2o8ZH8g
- Fashion Island is celebrating the Lunar New Year on Saturday from 1-2pm in the Neiman Marcus/Bloomingdale’s Courtyard. Korean Fan Dancers, Chinese Dragon Dance, lucky red envelopes, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2HiqCqY
- Irvine Spectrum Center is celebrating the Lunar New Year on Sunday 2/18 from 1pm-3pm in the Giant Wheel Court. Lucky red envelopes, Korean Fan Dancers, Chinese Dragon Dance, and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2o8UmxK
- Visit one of the many Farmers Markets in OC: http://bit.ly/2BdBcuQ
- Celebrate Presidents Day at the Nixon Museum in Yorba Linda, Monday 2/19. First 1000 visitors get a slice of cherry pie. Admission is half price. http://bit.ly/2o2PHOF
- Military and Veterans receive FREE admission to Mission San Juan Capistrano this weekend for Presidents Day. http://bit.ly/2F5LcKv
And coming up next week:
- Cirque du Soleil LUIZA opens in Costa Mesa, at the OC Fairgrounds, Wednesday 2/21 and runs through 3/25. Tickets required. http://cirk.me/2C1BWIC
- Attend a FREE screening of Escape From New York at the Frida Cinema in Santa Ana on Wednesday 2/21 in honor of their 3rd birthday. http://bit.ly/2GiN8i9
We’ve got a fun filled weekend of events for you! There are so many festivals this weekend including a Greek Festival, Pacific Islander Festival, Beer Festival, Polish Harvest Festival, & more! As well as 2 car shows, outdoor concerts, a movie & more!
- Sunset Serenades continue at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach Friday 9/15. Enjoy live music every Friday night in September from 5:30pm to sunset in the Rockpile Amphitheater (by the whale sculpture). FREE to attend. Schedule: http://bit.ly/2grF72Q
- Halloween Time at Disneyland starts Friday and lasts through Halloween. Enjoy costumed characters, Halloween themed thats & more. Admission required. http://bit.ly/2xPR2eZ
- Watch “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Friday 9/15 at Hurless Barton Park Amphitheater in Yorba Linda. Movie starts at dusk. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2qyvjoy
- The 2nd Annual “Art on the Walk” art walk is Friday 9/15 from 6-8pm at Anaheim GardenWalk. Live music, dance performances & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2wLYSYg
- Orange County Coastal Cleanup Day is Saturday 9/16. There are cleanup sites all over Orange County, find one near you: http://bit.ly/2x3M9is
- Pageant of the Thunderbird car show is Saturday 9/16 at Twila Reid Park in Anaheim. The show usually runs from 10am-3pm. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2gmsySs
- Anaheim Festival of Ales is Saturday 9/16 from 12-4pm on Center Street Promenade in Downtown Anaheim. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2wjhnU0
- Outdoor Concert: “Tommy’s Neighborhood” is Saturday 9/16 at the Silverado Fairgrounds in Silverado from 6-10pm. Admission is 1 can of food to be donated to the local food bank. http://bit.ly/2qsnWNK
- The 39th Annual Dozynki Polish Harvest Festival is all weekend in Yorba Linda. Live entertainment, traditional dishes including stuffed cabbage, pierogies, kielbasa, beer & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2vvMv3F
- Surf City Days takes place all weekend in Huntington Beach. Various events throughout the weekend include a surf competition, car show, shopping & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2h5detX
- San Juan Capistrano Greek Festival is all weekend in San Juan Capistrano. Food, dancing, entertainment & more. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1MJ055K
- The 10th Annual Pacific Islander Festival is all weekend at Huntington Beach Central Library Park. Cultural Villages, Island style foods, live entertainment and more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2gHsi0u
- The 39th Annual Santa Ana Fiesta Patrias Street Fair is all weekend in Downton Santa Ana. Parade, music, food, games & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2wcn47E
- The Dana Point Lantern District Classic Car and Motorcycle Show is Sunday 9/17 from 10am-3pm on Del Prado. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2x2HlLG
- Surfin’ Sundays is at the Huntington Beach Pier, Sunday 9/17 from 11am-5:30pm. Enjoy a relaxing day of surf music and activities. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2qkSO7u
And don’t forget to enter to win tickets to the Orange County International Auto Show —> http://bit.ly/2wXAjsn
We’ve got some fun things happening this weekend in Orange County. It’s Civil War Days in Huntington Beach, the Orange International Street Fair is back for another delicious year, the Great Labor Day Cruise rolls into Costa Mesa, OC Animal Care is having free pet adoptions, and it’s the last weekend for the Laguna Beach art festivals.
- The Orange International Street Fair is all weekend in Old Town Orange. Food, shopping, entertainment & more. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1JEfcsZ
- The 35th Annual Great Labor Day Cruise car show is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Admission required. http://bit.ly/2vGjs9x
- The 24th Annual Civil War Days is all weekend at Central Park in Huntington Beach. Battles, concerts, President Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, demonstrations & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2xyZ7V0
- FREE pet adoptions at the “Labor of Love” event Saturday 9/2 from 11am-5pm at the OC Animal Care in Orange. (Does not include the cost of a microchip or a license). http://bit.ly/2gkHaC5
- It’s the last weekend for Art-A-Fair Fine Art Festival in Laguna Beach. Admission required. http://ocevent.co/1TQvFQt
- It’s the last weekend for the Sawdust Arts and Crafts Festival continues in Laguna Beach. Open 10am-10pm daily. Admission required. http://ocevent.co/296QLIk
- Saturday 9/2: The Steely Damned in Newport Beach at Newport Dunes from 5-10pm. http://bit.ly/2gsiHhS FREE to attend but parking onsite is $10.
- Sunday 9/3: Night Shift on the Civic Center “Green” in Newport Beach from 6-7:30pm. http://ocevent.co/1JpL15q FREE to attend.
- Sunday 9/3: Ginger & The Hoosier Daddys at Huntington Beach Central Park in Huntington Beach at 5pm. http://ocevent.co/1BQrkad FREE to attend.