We all know that once Thanksgiving has come and gone, the holiday festivities are just ramping up. Here are a few activities happening in Orange County this weekend…best of all, no cooking required!
- Say “aloha!” to the holidays at Trader Santa’s Tikiland Trading Co., a pop-up tiki marketplace this Sunday 12/1 from 10am-4pm in Santa Ana at the Heritage Museum of Orange County. Shop from over 85 tiki artists, makers, and vendors, enjoy live music, pineapple Dole Whips, as well as other food and, of course, tiki drinks! Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. http://tikilandtrading.com
- The Sawdust Winter Fantasy arts & crafts show continues this weekend and runs every weekend through 12/12 in Laguna Beach. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2fKwv2g
- The 29th Annual Newport Dunes Lighting of the Bay is Saturday 11/30. Live music, cookie decorating, outdoor holiday movie “Elf”, and more! Event starts at 3:30pm. http://bit.ly/33vr4f9
- The always entertaining Rob Schneider is at the Irvine Improv all weekend. http://bit.ly/37TgRwv
- La Habra’s Tamale Fest is Sunday 12/1 from 9am-6pm on Euclid St. Live entertainment, tamale making lessons, tamale contest, and more! http://bit.ly/33vrqlZ
- Balboa Island Christmas Tree Lighting is Sunday 12/1 starting at 6pm. Enjoy a live performance from the Orange County School of the Arts featuring Santa & friends, plus complimentary snacks and beverages. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2E4BMRT
- Tikiland Trading Co., a pop-up tiki marketplace this Sunday 12/1 from 10am-4pm in Santa Ana at the Heritage Museum of Orange County. Shop from over 85 tiki artists, makers, and vendors, enjoy live music, pineapple Dole Whips, as well as other food and, of course, tiki drinks! Admission is $7 in advance or $10 at the door. http://tikilandtrading.com
Sure it’s still 72 and sunny out, but that doesn’t mean Orange County isn’t filled with the holiday spirit. There are plenty of opportunities to visit Santa, celebrate with tree lightings, enjoy a treat, or try a holiday craft this weekend.
- The Fashion Island Tree Lighting ceremony is Friday 11/22 and Saturday 11/23 night from 6-6:30pm in Newport Beach. Live music, Santa, snowfall & more! FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2fmnImo
- The Surfing Santa Competition is Saturday 11/23 and Sunday 11/24 at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point. Surfing starts at 8am. FREE to attend. http://ocevent.co/1MHZPPD
- Welcome Skydiving Santa and his elves to OC on Saturday 11/23 as they make their arrival by skydiving onto the beach in Pacific City. Following their grand entrance at 12 noon there will be photo ops, music, and treats. FREE to attend. https://bit.ly/2r7O5aP
- The Sawdust Winter Fantasy arts & crafts show begins Saturday 11/23 and runs every weekend through 12/22 in Laguna Beach. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2fKwv2g
- The Ritz Carlton Tree Lighting and Holiday Open House is Sunday 11/24 from 4-6pm in Dana Point. Live music, Santa & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2go4UIz
- Huntington Beach Miracle on Main St. is Sunday 11/24 from 2-7pm. Shopping, music, tree lighting & more! Tree lights at 6pm. FREE to attend. https://bit.ly/346XFcu
Here’s what’s happening this weekend in Orange County. There’s a Noche de Altares (Day of the Dead) festival Saturday in Santa Ana, a Pumpkin Launch is Saturday in Fullerton, the Dapper Day Expo returns to Disneyland, and more!
- Noche de Altares is Saturday 11/2 from 12pm-9pm on Flower St and Santa Ana Blvd. This community Dis de los Muertos celebration will include over 100 altars, live entertainment, face painting, shopping, food & more. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2gNoJKn
- Pumpkin Launch is Saturday 11/2 from 10am-2pm on the athletics fields of CSUF in Fullerton. Watch as pumpkins are launched at targets 200-300 feet away. FREE to attend. http://bit.ly/2QgtzMA
- Dapper Day Expo is all weekend 11/2-11/3 at the Disneyland Hotel. Followed by the fall 2019 Dapper Day on Sunday. Join thousands of other Disney fans as they dress in vintage styles from the bygone era. The Expo is at the Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall and admission is required. Dapper Day requires Disneyland Park admission. Traffic and parking will be impacted in the surrounding area. http://bit.ly/2eHjBB4
- Celebrate Day of the Dead at Bowers Museum in Santa Ana on Sunday 11/3, from 11am-3:30pm. Live music, Ballet Folklorico, sugar skull decorating, face painting, and more. Festival is FREE to attend, but admission is required if you want to tour the museum. http://bit.ly/2pxoWFO
- Jurassic Quest is all weekend at the OC Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Stroll through the Cretaceous period, the Jurassic period, and the Triassic period, and see 80 true-to-life size dinosaurs. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/325jlDR
- The skating at the Irvine Spectrum opens is now open. Tickets required. http://bit.ly/2CXEEyo
- BlizzCon Blizzard Entertainment’s gaming convention is all weekend 11/2-11/3 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Onsite tickets are sold out but you can still buy a virtual ticket to watch the event at home. Traffic and parking will be impacted in the surrounding area. http://bit.ly/2PJxdlr